The following error message can also be an indication of the same underlying problem, on some systems:The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105(RPC_E_SEVERFAULT))
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint'
To resolve the problem:
Modify your installation of Microsoft Office and add the feature: .NET Programmability Support.
If this does not resolve the problem, uninstall Microsoft Office - including any starter editions of Microsoft Office that might be installed, and then reinstall Microsoft Office and/or Microsoft PowerPoint.
1. In Control Panel, click Programs and Features.
2. In the Uninstall or change a program dialog box, select your installation of Office and click Change.
3. Select Add or Remove Features.
4. Click Continue.
5. In the Installation Options tab, click the '+' to expand the installation options for Microsoft PowerPoint.
6. Click the drop-down arrow adjacent to .NET Programmability Support and select Run from My Computer.
7. Follow any remaining prompts to complete the installation update.