problems with power worship

Get help for techical problems or report a bug

problems with power worship

Postby pastor_jim2003 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:43 am

I just started working with power worship. I opens fine, when I select a few songs to work with and tell it to create slides the program showes an error (runtime error -2147467259 method of object failed) then the program shuts down. I am currently using Windows 7. I also would be interested in learning how to use Power Worship with Open Office 3.2
pastor_jim2003
Newcomer

Re: problems with power worship

Postby JohnM » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:03 am

Haven't come across that error before, but we should rule out a possible problem with one of the songs.

Please let me know

1) What version of PowerWorship? Select Help > About , to find the version info. e.g. 3.0.0.x

2) What version of PowerPoint? 2007?

3) Does the problem happen if you only include one song in the presentation? Please try a few different songs, one at a time, and see if the same error occurs with each attempt.

4) Does PowerPoint launch successfully? e.g. do you see it in the Windows task bar and does it stay open after PowerWorship (I assume) shuts down?

Please see the following topic for instructions on downloading/installing the OpenOffice version of PowerWorship, for Windows.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=457

There isn't an install program for the OpenOffice version so the process is a bit more involved/manual, but it is fairly straight-forward.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems
JohnM
Site Admin

Postby JohnM » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:06 am

Something else we should rule out is a potential problem with the templates. Especially if the program used to work, but is no longer working.

Here's something to try if you get time

1. make a backup copy the powerworship 3.0\templates directory
2. delete the powerworship 3.0\templates directory
3. Reinstall PowerWorship by following the update instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=493
4. Download and install the additional templates. select the Download Additional Templates link here:
http://www.powerworship.com/downloads.html
5. Follow the instructions: viewtopic.php?t=5 for installing the additional templates
6. Launch PowerWorship
7. Check the background setting in Edit > Settings
8. Look at c:\program files\powerworship 3.0\templates and see if the template from #1 exists in the windows file system
If it doesn't, select another template under Edit > Settings .
JohnM
Site Admin

Postby JohnM » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Please note that this issue should be resolved in PowerWorship 4.0, which is based on an updated version of the .NET framework (4.0), and should be more stable than the previous version. Additionally, PowerWorship 4.0 provides support for OpenOffice.org (4.0) and is available for downloaded at http://www.powerworship.com/downloads.html
JohnM
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues