Initial Problems with v3.1

Get help for techical problems or report a bug
JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Initial Problems with v3.1

Post by JohnM » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:58 pm

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, still seems Ok. Also tried a clean download/install on another machine. DeaconDave, please let us know if you experience the same issue where you are unable to get past the problem after downloading and installing the update.

DeaconDave
Site Admin

Post by DeaconDave » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Tried and works OK, complete with first line, so thanks John.

I had to completely uninstall the first version of 3.1 before the newer version would work properly though. As far as button presence and positions are concerned I guess the more options we have the better, as we all use the software in different ways.

techidave
Site Admin

Post by techidave » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:37 pm

sorry about the mix up on my part John. I downloaded on a different computer and the first line is working. I was confused about the song editor tab thingy. I was looking for the new buttons by the song list and no seeing them. am posting a picture of what I am expecting to see.
Attachments
song list window.png
song list window.png (5.41 KiB) Viewed 5652 times

techidave
Site Admin

Post by techidave » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:52 pm

Looks like its working ok now on our church laptop. sorry about the confusion, I was expecting a different look as to John's screenshot on the new buttons by the song list part of the window. So I thought I wasn't getting the latest version and the file info on the download site confused me more too. :D oh well.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Ah, sorry. Yeah, the update doesn't include the button changes. Sorry about that. Sounds like you guys are Ok with the button changes, so I'll try to work those in before the release is finalized. I have some more testing to do and I'll have to update the Help screenshots, etc. when the changes are rolled into the release. I might wait on the button changes until the next release, so I'll keep you posted.

Note that today I discovered the visual template selection capability doesn't work on PPT 2000 (at least on my machine) so I am working on a fix for that now, that will work for PPT 2000 and later (and hopefully PPT 97 as well).

Here is the error message that is displayed on my PPT 2000 machine when I try selecting a new template in the program settings, or via the Background button.

I should be posting another update to the install image (setup program) soon, to provide a fix.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:40 pm

The update is now available. I bumped the version to 3.1.0.1 with the latest update (includes fix for ppt 2000 issue) so it is easier to tell if it is installed.

I snuck in Dave's feature request for more colours. I'll update the appropriate help topics for the beta 2 release, probably in a couple of weeks.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=499