Fonts

Get help for techical problems or report a bug

Fonts

Postby DeaconDave » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi John,

Having converted numerous PowerPoint files to a different font (from Arial to Adobe's Myriad Pro) so they look better on our new widescreen TV displays, I was asked to create a new song for this Sunday, so I did the usual in PowerWorship 4, only to find I couldn't use my new font, as it didn't show up in the PW fonts list, even though I'd been able to use it in PowerPoint. I suspect it's because it's in a family of Adobe's OpenType fonts I ported to my Windows 7 PC from my Mac, so maybe the Mac OT format is not compatible with PowerWorship?

Is it possible to help me with this, or are we limited to Windows-only font families? What about Google's Webfonts, are they compatible perhaps?
DeaconDave
Site Admin

Re: Fonts

Postby JohnM » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:19 am

If you're able to use the fonts in Windows with PowerPoint, etc. - we should be able to get them registered. Have you noticed if any other fonts (other than the Adobe fonts) are missing in PowerWorship? If not, I'm wondering if the adobe fonts are not fully registered. Did you have to jump through any hoops (special config steps) to get them installed? Porting from Mac should be OK if they are registered with Windows appropriately. I will see if I can find and install those fonts specifically and get them working.
JohnM
Site Admin

Postby DeaconDave » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:36 am

Thanks John,

The Myriad Pro family is quite large, with 12 individual fonts. It comes with Adobe's Creative Suite and I'm currently running version 5.0 on Mac. I simply copied the fonts from the Mac through the network to the PC and installed them in the usual way, and they work fine in PowerPoint and other packages. I've checked the font lists by comparing the Windows Fonts control panel and the PW Fonts list (for text rather than headings), and most show up, including those shown in the Windows CP as 'Hidden', but just two others are missing from the PW list - MS Serif Regular and Terminal. I don't know what this indicates, but it may be relevant. I may try installing some Google Fonts to see if they are better than the Adobe ones as they're more likely to be cross-platform compatible perhaps.

I don't understand about registering fonts for PW so presume it's something you have to do within the app itself to make them show up. If this is the case don't worry, I can use something else.

Thanks again,
David.
DeaconDave
Site Admin

Postby JohnM » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:52 pm

To register Fonts - nothing special required for PowerWorship. In general any Font installed in Windows should work. Might be an issue with OpenType fonts though. I'll post an update if I am able to reproduce the issue and/or find a solution.
JohnM
Site Admin

Return to Technical Issues