OpenSong.org

General discussion forum
JohnM
Site Admin

OpenSong.org

Post by JohnM » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:38 pm

Check out http://www.opensong.org/. I have been working on a version of PowerWorship that works with OpenOffice, but I found this OpenSong software that doesn't require PowerPoint nor OpenOffice Impress, yet it is still free and is loaded with features. It sounds like the source code is available on SourceForge. Let me know what you think. I might put PowerWorship to rest and just refer users to OpenSong if the developer wants to provide a converter so PowerWorship users can import their PW songs into OpenSong.

John

potatohead

no opensong

Post by potatohead » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:47 am

Please do not abandon Powerworship!!! OpenSong is not what i would choose. It was not compatible with my computer {windows xp} and would not display the songs or scriptures. It would be an injustice if you went with a program that is worse than yours!!!

NACarter
Power User

Post by NACarter » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:40 am

I agree. I'm looking forward to "OpenPowerWorship" so that it will work with OpenOffice.org that we have at church. Again, please don't abandon this great program!!

Nick

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:47 pm

Thanks for your comments. I will prayerfully consider them and will work on finishing the OpenOffice version of PowerWorship as time allows.

God Bless,
john

Dont abandon Power Worship

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm

Due to the song structure, the conversion will be no simple matter. Plus I really like the ability of Power Worship to utilize Power Point. I have been using this product on my XP Professional (work) laptop for a year and it is easier to explain to folks than anything else. The Open Office idea is good and would be great when offered. Thanks for sharing this to help spread his praise. Most churches are breaking the bank just to get the screen and projector, and cannot afford any other solution.