Does it work on Windows 7

General discussion forum
techidave
Site Admin

Does it work on Windows 7

Post by techidave » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Has anyone tried to see if PowerWorship works on Windows 7 yet?

Just wondering. I plan to try it here one of these days after I get Win7 installed on my home computer

bigbucksbecky
Newcomer

Re: Does it work on Windows 7

Post by bigbucksbecky » Tue May 11, 2010 7:44 am

I was wondering the same thing since I just purchased a new computer, also i plan to purchase the new microsoft office 2010, will it work with that also?
i sure hope so because i love the program

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed May 12, 2010 5:57 am

I've heard privately (via email) that folks are using it successfully on Windows 7. Please post an update if you do try it on Windows 7 and run into any problems. I'm not sure about Office 2010. I might need to provide a quick update so it is recognized. If an update is needed, the create slides function will most likely fail with a "PowerPoint not found" error, or something similar.

Jeremy
Newcomer

Post by Jeremy » Wed May 12, 2010 8:42 am

IT runs fine with Windows 7. Or at least it seems to. Program launches just fine; Don't see any errors when I click around.

2010 however does indeed fail. Is there a chance we could get a 2010 friendly version?

2010 is installed here: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14"

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun May 16, 2010 6:42 pm

Jeremy,

Can you check if the following key exists in the Windows registry on your machine that has Office 2010.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PowerPoint.Application\CurVer

To look for this:

1) Start > Run
2) Type regedit and hit enter.
3) Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and drill down to the above directory/registry key.

If it does exist, please confirm the value is PowerPoint.Application.13

If so, I can provide what should be an easy fix.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun May 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Oops, you already gave me the install path in your previous post. Based on the install path I am assuming the registry key (if it exists) will be set to PowerPoint.Application.14. Please confirm.

Also, please let me know:

1) How the program fails. Do you get a specific error message when you attempt to create slides?

2) Were you prompted with a dialog titled "Choose PowerPoint Install Directory" when you first launched PowerWorship on the machine that has Office 2010? The "Choose PowerPoint Install Directory" dialog is normally displayed when the program can't find the PowerPoint install location (i.e. the directory that contains the file POWERPNT.exe).

Thanks!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun May 16, 2010 7:08 pm

If the registry key exists and the value is either PowerPoint.Application.13 or PowerPoint.Application.14, the fix I just uploaded should take care of the problem.

You can download the fix (updated version of the PowerWorship executable file) here:

http://www.powerworship.com/download/su ... ffice2010/

To install the fix:

1) Exit PowerWorship
2) backup your existing pwrwshp.exe file (e.g. under C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.0\ by default) by renaming it to something like pwrwshp.exe.bak
3) download pwrwshp.exe from the above URL and save it to the PowerWorship 3.0 installation directory.

If the fix works, please let me know. In any case, please still provide answers to the questions from my previous message to help me better understand the problem.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat May 22, 2010 10:40 pm

I included the "fix" for Office 2010 in the 3.0.0.82 update which is now available.

See the following topic for install instructions.
-> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=488

Please let me know if you get a chance to try the update with Office 2010 and if you find that it works.

bigbucksbecky
Newcomer

Post by bigbucksbecky » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Ok I need help here desperately, I got a new computer, I down loaded the power worship program, I now have windows 7 it seems to be working ok , but a long time ago I ordered the cd with all the songs on it like 752 songs, and I can't seem to get it to install into my power worship program I do the power point for my church ...I really need help with this one thanks :)

techidave
Site Admin

Post by techidave » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:24 am

I doubt that it will install into powerworship and be ready to go. More likely they will need to be copied into the Songs folder. But powerworship will only read them if they are in a .txt format. But I could be wrong so someone correct me if I am.

I tried to order the cd sold by Josiah Mannon, but for some reason he never got my email or I didn't get his reply. So I just gave up on it. Might have been for the best as it wouldn't have matched our hymn book.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi Becky,

Were you able to get the songs loaded? As long as they songs are in the powerworship format ( and are .txt files, as Dave mentioned) and you copy them to the appropriate /Songs directory, (e.g. using Windows explorer) that should work and they should get loaded the next time you launch the program.

techidave
Site Admin

Post by techidave » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:13 am

I just downloaded 3.1.1 on my win7 machine at home and it appears to be working just fine. :)