PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 4 (version 4.0.4) is now available for download.
PowerWorship 4.0 delivers the following improvements relative to previous releases:
- Simple, clean, redesigned user interface
- New support for OpenOffice 4
- New support for saving predefined styles
- Additional formatting options
The following changes are included in PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 1.
- PowerWorship now requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.*
The following fixes and enhancements are included in PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 1.
- The .NET Programmability Support feature for Microsoft PowerPoint is no longer required. This addresses the issue documented by the following forum post, and allows the Standard and Premium Editions of PowerWorship 4.0 to be used with Apache OpenOffice: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=599
- The "provider 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5' not installed" issue covered by the following forum post, is now fixed: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=597
- Additional predefined font sizes added to font selection dialog
- [BugFix] Exporting collections results in duplicate song entries per exported collection after import: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=603
The following changes are included in PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 2.
- Support for importing songs from PowerWorship 3.x*
- PowerWorship 4.0 online Help (user documentation) is now available and has been added to the Help (?) menu in PowerWorship.
The following changes are included in PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 3.
- When PowerWorship is first launched, the Songs library/list is now visible/selected by default vs. the Collections list.
The following fixes are included in PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 3.
- The embedded Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition (CE) has been upgraded to version 4.0 SP1, to address reliability and stability issues with the previously embedded release (version 3.5). With the previously embedded release, PowerWorship would crash immediately on launch, on some systems. More information on the (now resolved) problem is available in the following forum thread.
- In releases previous to PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 3, the following error was intermittently displayed when creating slides with Microsoft PowerPoint: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010001 (RPC_E_CALL_REJECTED). This problem is now fixed.
The following changes are included in PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 4.
- Various usability enhancements specific to working with lists of songs and collections.
- Ability to insert a blank side within a collection.
PowerWorship 4.0 is currently available in the following editions:
PowerWorship 4.0 Free
- Supports slide creation using OpenOffice Impress
- Standard support for creating songs and collections with basic formatting options
- Includes features from PowerWorship 4.0 Free
- Supports slide creation using OpenOffice Impress and/or Microsoft PowerPoint
- Supports importing songs from PowerWorship 3.x (new in 4.0.2)
- Advanced support for creating songs and collections with additional formatting options
- Includes features from PowerWorship 4.0 Standard
- Supports importing songs from CCLI SongSelect
- Microsoft Windows® [XP|Vista|7|8|10]
- Apache OpenOffice [version 4] or Microsoft PowerPoint® [2007|2010|2013]
- Microsoft .NET Framework [4.0]
Installation Instructions for PowerWorship 4.0
- Download the PowerWorship 4.0 setup program (pw4_setup.exe) to a temporary location on your computer.
- Double-click the setup program file (pw4_setup.exe) and follow the prompts to install PowerWorship. Click Yes if prompted to allow pw4_setup.exe to make changes to your computer.
- If you are logged into Windows with Administrative permissions you can optionally install PowerWorship to the default installation location under Program Files (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 4.0). If you are not logged into Windows with Administrative permissions, you will need to change the installation location to a directory that you have write access to (e.g. C:\PowerWorship 4.0) or the installation will fail after the installer fails to create files and directories under the Program Files directory.
- If the setup fails and reports that the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is not installed, click OK to exit the setup and then rerun the setup after installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. See below for instructions on installing the .NET Framework 4.0, for your version of Windows.
Installation Instructions for Apache OpenOffice
- Download Apache OpenOffice 4 (or later) from http://www.openoffice.org/download.
- Launch the OpenOffice setup program and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Installation Instructions for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 for Windows XP and later
- Although most Windows systems will already have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed, the Microsoft .NET Framework must be installed separately if the PowerWorship setup fails and reports that version 4.0 of the framework is not installed.
- Download and installation instructions are available at the following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718
Upgrading PowerWorship 4.0
Uninstall and reinstall PowerWorship 4.0 (after downloading the latest install package) to upgrade to version 4.0.4. Your database will not be uninstalled when you uninstall PowerWorship 4.0, and the database will not be modified/overwritten when you reinstall, but you can optionally backup your database before uninstalling/reinstalling to be safe.
To backup your data, exit PowerWorship and make a copy of the pwrwsp.sdf file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PowerWorship\pW4\Data on Windows XP or C:\ProgramData\PowerWorship\pW4\Data on Windows Vista and later.
Upgrading from Previous Releases
- Upgrading an existing installation of PowerWorship 3.x to PowerWorship 4.0 is not supported, but you can install multiple versions of the program on the same machine, in separate directories. In other words, there is no requirement to uninstall PowerWorship 3.x, when installing PowerWorship 4.0. Both versions can coexist on a single machine.
- Importing songs from PowerWorship 3.x into PowerWorship 4.0 is supported for pW 4.0 Standard and pW 4.0 Premium, via the File > Import ... menu option. Manual migration of songs is also possible by copying song lyrics and pasting into the Source view when adding new songs in PowerWorship 4.0.
- Any custom PowerPoint templates you have added to a previous release (e.g. PowerWorship 3.x ) will need to be manually copied to the PowerWorship 4.0 Templates directory if you wish to continue using the templates with PowerWorship 4.0. For example to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PowerWorship\pW4\Templates on Windows XP or C:\ProgramData\PowerWorship\pW4\Templates on Windows 7 or Windows 8. Note: The ProgramData / Application Data folders are hidden by default in Windows Explorer. To open the Templates folder, navigate to the Style > Background section of the PowerWorship 4.0 program settings and click the Open Templates Folder button.