PowerWorship 22.214.171.124 adds support for PowerPoint 2007.
To install the update:
1. Backup your songs and groups by following the instructions here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6 OR by making a backup copy of the Songs/ and Groups/ directories (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.0\Songs, C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.0\Groups) using Windows Explorer.
2. Make a backup copy of your templates (C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.0\Templates) if you added additional templates after installing PowerWorship.
3. Uninstall PowerWorship 3.0 (e.g. via Add/Remove Programs in Windows)
4. Download and install the latest version of PowerWorship 3.0.
5. Restore your songs, groups, and templates, as needed. The songs and groups can be restored using File > Import ... if you chose to export them before uninstalling the program, but the templates will need to be restored manually (e.g. via Windows explorer) if necessary (i.e. if you added additional templates that need to be restored).
If PowerWorship still does not work with PowerPoint 2007 after installing the update, you may need to clean up the Windows Registry by deleting an old entry from a previous version of PowerWorship.
To clean the Windows Registry:
1. Select Start > Run, and then enter "regedit", and click OK to launch the registry editor.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > VB and VBA Program Settings > PowerWorship 3.0 > Setup, and then look for pptLoc on the right-hand side. If pptLoc is there, right click and delete it, but don't delete anything else.
3. Exit the registry editor
If, when relaunching PowerWorship, you are prompted to enter the PowerPoint install location, this means the program was unable to find the PowerPoint on your system. In this case, be sure to enter the full directory path to the POWERPNT.exe file. (e.g. c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 is the default location for PowerPoint 2007).
Product announcements and release notes
1 post • Page 1 of 1