Background template-related enhancements
- Visual template selection in program settings
- Improved support for adding and editing templates
- Multiple background support
- Save and Close menu option for Song Editor
- Save As option for Song Editor
- Tab insertion option for Song Editor
- Song number option for Song Editor
- View Song List option for Song Groups
- Export and import usability enhancements
- Support for Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and Microsoft Windows 7
- Various performance improvements
- Various usability enhancements
Upgrading an existing installation of PowerWorship 3.0 to PowerWorship 3.1 is not supported, but you can install both versions on the same machine (in separate directories) and when you are ready to upgrade to PowerWorship 3.1, you can use the Export/Import capability to easily migrate your songs and groups to PowerWorship 3.1. See the online user guide (or access the Help menu in PowerWorship) for detailed instructions on Exporting and Importing Songs and Groups.
Any custom templates you have added to PowerWorship 3.0 (e.g. to the PowerWorship 3.0\Templates directory) will need to be manually copied to the PowerWorship 3.1\Templates directory.
Installation Instructions for PowerWorship 3.1
- Download the PowerWorship 3.1 setup program to a temporary location on your computer
- Double-click the setup program file (pw188.8.131.52_setup.exe) and follow the prompts to install PowerWorship. Click Yes if prompted to allow pw184.108.40.206_setup.exe to make changes to your computer.
Post Installation Configuration Instructions for PowerWorship 3.1 on Windows Vista and Windows 7 Environments
If you install PowerWorship 3.1 to the default location (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.1, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerWorship 3.1) on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will need to configure PowerWorship 3.1 so the songs and groups are stored in another location (i.e. outside of the Program Files directory) because the default location requires Administrator permissions to create and edit files.
If you do not change the song/group directory location (i.e. to a directory where you have "permission" to create/edit files) then you will need to select the Windows option to run PowerWorship as an administrator.
To change the songs/groups directory location:
- Launch PowerWorship 3.1 and select Edit > Settings
- Select the Environment tab and change the directory location for Songs (e.g. to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\PowerWorship 3.1\Songs) and Groups (e.g. to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\PowerWorship 3.1\Groups).
- Make sure to create the Songs and Groups directories (if needed) before you click OK on the Settings dialog or an error message is displayed and the updated settings are not applied.
To run PowerWorship 3.1 as an administrator:
- Right-click the PowerWorship 3.1 shortcut on the Windows desktop (and/or start menu, etc.) and select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab and select the checkbox labeled "Run this program as an administrator"
- Optionally select "Change settings for all users" to select the "Run this program as an administrator" setting for all users
- Click OK
This is necessary to avoid an "access denied" error message when you attempt to add new songs, edit existing songs, or save changes to a template. If you do not receive an "access denied" error message when adding songs, etc. - then your permissions are OK and no configuration changes are required - unless you wish to change the folder location for songs and groups (e.g. to store them under My Documents, or another directory that is regularly backed up).