- National language support *
- Significant slide creation performance improvements **
- Improved support for Office 2010 and Windows 7
- PowerWorship is now based on the Microsoft .NET platform
* Translated user interface not yet available
** More than 4x faster than previous releases
System Requirements for PowerWorship 3.2
- Microsoft Windows® [XP|Vista|7]
- Microsoft PowerPoint® [XP/2002|2003|2007|2010]
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (or later) [free download]
Upgrading an existing installation of PowerWorship 3.x to PowerWorship 3.2 is not supported, but you can install multiple versions of the program on the same machine (in separate directories) and when you are ready to upgrade to PowerWorship 3.2, you can use the Export/Import capability to easily migrate your songs and groups to PowerWorship 3.2. See the online user guide (or access the Help menu in PowerWorship) for detailed instructions on Exporting and Importing Songs and Groups.
Any custom templates you have added to a previous release (e.g. PowerWorship 3.0 / 3.1 ) will need to be manually copied to the PowerWorship 3.2\Templates directory.
Installation Instructions for PowerWorship 3.2
- Download the PowerWorship 3.2 setup program (pw3.2_setup.exe) to a temporary location on your computer
- Double-click the setup program file (pw3.2_setup.exe) and follow the prompts to install PowerWorship. Click Yes if prompted to allow pw3.2_setup.exe to make changes to your computer.
- If the setup fails and reports that the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (or later) is not installed, click OK to exit the setup and then rerun the setup after downloading and installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
Installation Instructions for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Click here for instructions to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (or later).
- This step is necessary if the PowerWorship setup fails and reports that version 4.0 (or later) of the Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed.
Post-Installation Configuration Instructions for PowerWorship 3.2 on Windows Vista and Windows 7 Environments
If you install PowerWorship 3.2 to the default location (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.2, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerWorship 3.2) on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you will need to configure PowerWorship 3.2 so the songs and groups are stored in another location (i.e. outside of the Program Files directory) because the default location requires Administrator permissions to create and edit files.
If you do not change the song/group directory location (i.e. to a directory where you have "permission" to create/edit files) then you will need to select the Windows option to run PowerWorship as an administrator.
To change the songs/groups directory location:
- Launch PowerWorship 3.2 and select Edit > Settings
- Select the Environment tab and change the directory location for Songs (e.g. to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\PowerWorship 3.2\Songs) and Groups (e.g. to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\PowerWorship 3.2\Groups).
- Make sure to create the Songs and Groups directories (if needed) before you click OK on the Settings dialog or an error message is displayed and the updated settings are not applied.
To run PowerWorship 3.2 as an administrator:
- Right-click the PowerWorship 3.2 shortcut on the Windows desktop (and/or start menu, etc.) and select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab and select the checkbox labeled "Run this program as an administrator"
- Optionally select "Change settings for all users" to select the "Run this program as an administrator" setting for all users
- Click OK
This is necessary to avoid an "access denied" error message when you attempt to add new songs, edit existing songs, or save changes to a template. If you do not receive an "access denied" error message when adding songs, etc. - then your permissions are OK and no configuration changes are required - unless you wish to change the folder location for songs and groups (e.g. to store them under My Documents, or another directory that is regularly backed up).