- National language support *
- Significant slide creation performance improvements **
- Improved support for Office 2010 and Windows 7
- PowerWorship is now based on the Microsoft .NET platform
* Translated user interface not yet available
** More than 4x faster than previous releases
PowerWorship 3.2.1 delivers the following enhancements and fixes for PowerWorship 3.2:
- User defined data entry font ***
- Admin permission is no longer required for Windows Vista and Windows 7 ****
- Minimum .NET Framework version lowered to 3.5
- Miscellaneous usability enhancements
- [Bug Fix] PowerPoint stays minimized on subsequent create slides attempts (original bug report -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=515)
- [Bug Fix] Save and Close shortcut key (Ctrl+D) for Song Editor
*** Enables input of non-Western characters
**** Songs and groups are no longer stored under Program Files - by default
System Requirements for PowerWorship 3.2.1
- Microsoft Windows® [XP|Vista|7]
- Microsoft PowerPoint® [XP/2002|2003|2007|2010]
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (or later) [free download]
Installation Instructions for PowerWorship 3.2.1
- Download the PowerWorship 3.2.1 setup program (pw3.2.1_setup.exe) to a temporary location on your computer
- Double-click the setup program file (pw3.2.1_setup.exe) and follow the prompts to install PowerWorship. Click Yes if prompted to allow pw3.2.1_setup.exe to make changes to your computer.
- If you are logged into Windows with Administrative permissions you can optionally install PowerWorship to the default installation location under Program Files (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.2). If you are not logged into Windows with Administrative permissions, you will need to change the installation location to a directory that you have write access to (e.g. C:\PowerWorship 3.2) or the installation will fail after the installer fails to create files and directories under the Program Files directory.
- If the setup fails and reports that the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (or later) is not installed, click OK to exit the setup and then rerun the setup after downloading and installing the Microsoft .NET Framework. Note that most Windows XP SP3 (or later) systems will already have the Microsoft .NET Framework (3.5 or later) installed.
Installation Instructions for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Click here for instructions to install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (or later).
- This step is necessary if the PowerWorship setup fails and reports that version 3.5 (or later) of the Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed.
PowerWorship 3.2 to 3.2.1 Upgrade Instructions
Existing installations of PowerWorship 3.2 can be upgraded to PowerWorship 3.2.1 by downloading the PowerWorship 3.2.1 installation package and installing over top of an existing PowerWorship 3.2 installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.2). Be sure to deselect the Sample Songs feature to avoid potentially overwriting one or more of your existing songs. You may also want to backup your Songs, Groups, and Templates, prior to upgrading - to be safe. Templates are located under the PowerWorship 3.2 installation directory (in a folder named Templates) and you can find your Song and Group directories (that should be backed up) by viewing the Environment tab in the program Settings.
Upgrading an existing installation of PowerWorship 3.0/3.1 to PowerWorship 3.2 is not supported, but you can install multiple versions of the program on the same machine (in separate directories) and when you are ready to upgrade to PowerWorship 3.2, you can use the Export/Import capability to easily migrate your songs and groups to PowerWorship 3.2. See the online user guide (or access the Help menu in PowerWorship) for detailed instructions on Exporting and Importing Songs and Groups.
Any custom templates you have added to a previous release (e.g. PowerWorship 3.0 / 3.1 ) will need to be manually copied to the PowerWorship 3.2\Templates directory.
Special Instructions for PowerWorship 3.2 on Windows Vista and Windows 7 Environments
In order to edit templates or add additional templates to the PowerWorship 3.2 templates directory, it may be necessary to run PowerWorship as an administrator. This is usually necessary if you installed PowerWorship 3.2 to the default installation location (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.2, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerWorship 3.2) on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
To run PowerWorship 3.2 as an administrator:
- Right-click the PowerWorship 3.2 shortcut on the Windows desktop (and/or start menu, etc.) and select Run as administrator
If you routinely edit templates and wish to configure PowerWorship to always run as an administrator, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the PowerWorship 3.2 shortcut on the Windows desktop (and/or start menu, etc.) and select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab and select the checkbox labeled "Run this program as an administrator"
- Optionally select "Change settings for all users" to select the "Run this program as an administrator" setting for all users
- Click OK