- National language support
- Significant slide creation performance improvements
- PowerWorship is now based on the Microsoft .NET platform
PowerWorship 3.2.4 delivers the following enhancements and fixes for PowerWorship 3.2:
- [pW 3.2.1] User defined data entry font (Enables input of non-Western characters)
- [pW 3.2.1] Admin permission is no longer required for Windows Vista and Windows 7
- [pW 3.2.1 Bug Fix] PowerPoint stays minimized on subsequent create slides attempts (original bug report -> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=515)
- [pW 3.2.1 Bug Fix] Save and Close shortcut key (Ctrl+D) for Song Editor
- [pW 3.2.2] New context menu (right-click) option for opening songs from the selected songs (song group) list
- [pW 3.2.2] Miscellaneous usability enhancements
- [pW 3.2.2 Bug Fix] Right single quote character not displayed in generated slides
- [pW 3.2.2 Bug Fix] PowerWorship stays minimized on relaunch if it was previously closed while minimized
- [pW 3.2.3] Import song lyrics files downloaded from CCLI SongSelect®
- [pW 3.2.4] Additional templates added to base installation
- [pW 3.2.4] Admin permission no longer required to add/edit templates
- [pW 3.2.4] Additional slide formatting options (show/hide Song Title, etc.)
System Requirements for PowerWorship 3.2.4
- Microsoft Windows® [XP|Vista|7|8]
- Microsoft PowerPoint® [XP/2002|2003|2007|2010|2013]*
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Installation Instructions for PowerWorship 3.2.4
- Download the PowerWorship 3.2.4 setup program (pw3.2.4_setup.exe) to a temporary location on your computer
- Double-click the setup program file (pw3.2.4_setup.exe) and follow the prompts to install PowerWorship. Click Yes if prompted to allow pw3.2.4_setup.exe to make changes to your computer.
- If you are logged into Windows with Administrative permissions you can optionally install PowerWorship to the default installation location under Program Files (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.2). If you are not logged into Windows with Administrative permissions, you will need to change the installation location to a directory that you have write access to (e.g. C:\PowerWorship 3.2) or the installation will fail after the installer fails to create files and directories under the Program Files directory.
- If the setup fails and reports that the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is not installed, click OK to exit the setup and then rerun the setup after installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. See below for instructions on installing the .NET Framework 3.5, for your version of Windows.
Installation Instructions for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 7 and Windows 8
Microsoft .NET Framework must be enabled separately on Windows 7 and Windows 8 if the PowerWorship setup fails and reports that version 3.5 of the Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed.
- From the Windows Control Panel, select Programs > Turn Windows Features on or off
- Find Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (or Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1) in the list and select its top level check box. The nested features (Windows Communication Foundation) do not need to be selected.
- Click OK
- Wait for the .NET Framework 3.5 to be enabled and then restart your machine if prompted to do so.
Installation Instructions for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows XP
- Microsoft .NET Framework must be installed separately (on Windows XP) if the PowerWorship setup fails and reports that version 3.5 of the Microsoft .NET Framework is not installed.
- Download and installation instructions are available at the following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22
PowerWorship 3.2.x to 3.2.4 Upgrade Instructions
- Existing installations of PowerWorship 3.2 can be upgraded to PowerWorship 3.2.4 by downloading the PowerWorship 3.2.4 installation package and installing over top of an existing PowerWorship 3.2 installation directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.2).
- Be sure to deselect the Sample Songs feature to avoid potentially overwriting one or more of your existing songs with the five installable sample songs (e.g. in case you have existing songs with the same name as one of the sample songs).
- You may also want to backup your Songs, Groups, and Templates prior to upgrading - to be safe. Templates are located under the PowerWorship 3.2 installation directory (in a folder named Templates) and you can find your Song and Group directories (that should be backed up) by viewing the Storage Location tab in the program Settings (e.g. select Edit menu > Settings...).
- Please refer to the following forum topic for help backing up your songs and groups: Transferring and backing up songs and groups.
- Upgrading an existing installation of PowerWorship 3.0/3.1 to PowerWorship 3.2 is not supported, but you can install multiple versions of the program on the same machine (in separate directories) and when you are ready to upgrade to PowerWorship 3.2, you can use the Export/Import capability to easily migrate your songs and groups to PowerWorship 3.2.
- See the online user guide (or access the Help menu in PowerWorship) for detailed instructions on Exporting and Importing Songs and Groups. You may also refer to the following forum topic: Transferring and backing up songs and groups.
- Any custom templates you have added to a previous release (e.g. PowerWorship 3.0 / 3.1 ) will need to be manually copied to the PowerWorship 3.2 Templates directory (e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PowerWorship\pW3\Templates).
Special Instructions for PowerWorship 3.2.3 (and earlier versions) on Windows Vista and Windows 7 Environments
The following instructions are not applicable to PowerWorship 3.2.4 (and later) since the templates are now installed in the Application Data directory, rather than the Program Files directory - by default.
In order to edit templates or add additional templates to the PowerWorship 3.2 templates directory, it may be necessary to run PowerWorship as an administrator. This is usually necessary if you installed PowerWorship 3.2 to the default installation location (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 3.2, or C:\Program Files (x86)\PowerWorship 3.2) on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
To run PowerWorship 3.2 as an administrator:
- Right-click the PowerWorship 3.2 shortcut on the Windows desktop (and/or start menu, etc.) and select Run as administrator
If you routinely edit templates and wish to configure PowerWorship to always run as an administrator, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the PowerWorship 3.2 shortcut on the Windows desktop (and/or start menu, etc.) and select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab and select the checkbox labeled "Run this program as an administrator"
- Optionally select "Change settings for all users" to select the "Run this program as an administrator" setting for all users
- Click OK