PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 1 (version 4.0.1) is now available for download.
PowerWorship 4.0 delivers the following improvements relative to previous releases:
- Simple, clean, redesigned user interface
- New support for OpenOffice 4
- New support for saving predefined styles
- Additional formatting options
The following changes are included in PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 1.
- PowerWorship now requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.*
The following fixes and enhancements are included in PowerWorship 4.0 fix pack 1.
- The .NET Programmability Support feature for Microsoft PowerPoint is no longer required. This addresses the issue documented by the following forum post, and allows the Standard and Premium Editions of PowerWorship 4.0 to be used with Apache OpenOffice: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=599
- The "provider 'System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5' not installed" issue covered by the following forum post, is now fixed: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=597
- Additional predefined font sizes added to font selection dialog
- [BugFix] Exporting collections results in duplicate song entries per exported collection after import: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=603
PowerWorship 4.0 is currently available in the following editions:
PowerWorship 4.0 Free
- Supports slide creation using OpenOffice Impress
- Standard support for creating songs and collections with basic formatting options
PowerWorship 4.0 Standard
- Includes features from PowerWorship 4.0 Free
- Supports slide creation using OpenOffice Impress and/or Microsoft PowerPoint
- Advanced support for creating songs and collections with additional formatting options
PowerWorship 4.0 Premium
- Includes features from PowerWorship 4.0 Standard
- Supports importing songs from CCLI SongSelect
System Requirements for PowerWorship 4.0
- Microsoft Windows® [XP|Vista|7|8]
- Apache OpenOffice [version 4] or Microsoft PowerPoint® [2007|2010|2013]
- Microsoft .NET Framework [4.0]
Installation Instructions for PowerWorship 4.0
- Download the PowerWorship 4.0 setup program (pw4_setup.exe) to a temporary location on your computer.
- Double-click the setup program file (pw4_setup.exe) and follow the prompts to install PowerWorship. Click Yes if prompted to allow pw4_setup.exe to make changes to your computer.
- If you are logged into Windows with Administrative permissions you can optionally install PowerWorship to the default installation location under Program Files (e.g. C:\Program Files\PowerWorship 4.0). If you are not logged into Windows with Administrative permissions, you will need to change the installation location to a directory that you have write access to (e.g. C:\PowerWorship 4.0) or the installation will fail after the installer fails to create files and directories under the Program Files directory.
- If the setup fails and reports that the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 is not installed, click OK to exit the setup and then rerun the setup after installing the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. See below for instructions on installing the .NET Framework 4.0, for your version of Windows.
Installation Instructions for Apache OpenOffice
- Download Apache OpenOffice 4 (or later) from http://www.openoffice.org/download.
- Launch the OpenOffice setup program and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Note: OpenOffice (or PowerPoint) is required for creating slides, only, and is not required on systems used only for other purposes. For example, OpenOffice is not required to create and maintain songs and collections using PowerWorship.
Installation Instructions for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 for Windows XP and later
- Although most Windows systems will already have the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed, the Microsoft .NET Framework must be installed separately if the PowerWorship setup fails and reports that version 4.0 of the framework is not installed.
- Download and installation instructions are available at the following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718
Upgrading from PowerWorship 4.0
Download and reinstall PowerWorship 4.0 to upgrade to version 4.0.1. You can reinstall on top of your existing install and your database will not be modified, but it is best to backup your data in any case - to be safe.
To backup your data, exit PowerWorship and make a copy of the pwrwsp.sdf file at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PowerWorship\pW4\Data on Windows XP or C:\ProgramData\PowerWorship\pW4\Data on Windows Vista and later.
Upgrading from Previous Releases
- Upgrading an existing installation of PowerWorship 3.x to PowerWorship 4.0 is not supported, but you can install multiple versions of the program on the same machine, in separate directories. In other words, there is no requirement to uninstall PowerWorship 3.x, when installing PowerWorship 4.0. Both versions can coexist on a single machine.
- Importing songs and groups from PowerWorship 3.x into PowerWorship 4.0 is not currently supported. Manual migration of songs is possible by copying song lyrics and pasting into the Source view (as opposed to the Designer view, which is the default) when adding new songs in PowerWorship 4.0, or when editing existing songs.
- Any custom PowerPoint templates you have added to a previous release (e.g. PowerWorship 3.x ) will need to be manually copied to the PowerWorship 4.0 Templates directory if you wish to continue using the templates with PowerWorship 4.0. For example to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PowerWorship\pW4\Templates on Windows XP or C:\ProgramData\PowerWorship\pW4\Templates on Windows 7 or Windows 8. Note: The ProgramData / Application Data folders are hidden by default in Windows Explorer. To open the Templates folder, navigate to the Style > Background section of the PowerWorship 4.0 program settings and click the Open Templates Folder button.