After you have installed and imported OpenOffice templates, you can use the following steps to apply a template to slides within OpenOffice Impress.
A future release of PowerWorship will support directly applying OpenOffice templates within PowerWorship, but for the time being the following steps must be used to apply a background template after slides have already been created for OpenOffice.
- After creating slides with PowerWorship, right click the initial slide in OpenOffice and select Slide Design.
- On the Slide Design dialog, click Load.
- Select an available template and click OK. Optionally click More and select Preview to see a preview image of the selected template.
- On the Slide Design dialog, select the newly selected template and click OK.
- The template will be applied to the initial slide in OpenOffice Impress, or to the slide you initially selected.
- Next, select the Master Pages button on the right hand side.
- Right click the current or desired background and select Apply to All Slides.
- Next, close the Master Pages view - and optionally make additional formatting changes to the presentation slides.
See the following OpenOffice wiki link for instructions on formatting characters in OpenOffice. For example, if you wish to format the Song Title and/or Slide Lyrics with special effects such as outlining, for better readability, etc.