Download and Install Instructions for Windows 10
Note: PowerWorship for Multiplatforms (which has limited features) is only recommended on platforms where PowerWorship 4.0 is not supported (e.g. on platforms other than Windows). If you intend to use PowerWorship on Windows - it is recommended to download and install PowerWorship 4.0 instead, now that PowerWorship 4.0 supports both Microsoft PowerPoint and Apache OpenOffice.
PowerWorship 4.0 (for Windows) can be downloaded from the following location:
Visit the following forum topic for Mac OS X download and installation instructions for PowerWorship for Multiplatforms:
PowerWorship for Multiplatforms, version 0.1, alpha 1
[Archived] Download and Install Instructions for Windows XP, Vista
1) Download and Install Apache OpenOffice.
WinZip or InfoZip) to any location on your hard drive (e.g. C:\Program Files).
- OpenOffice 2: PWmp_v0.1_alpha1_oo2_win32.zip
- OpenOffice 3: PWmp_v0.1_alpha1_win32.zip
- OpenOffice 4: PWmp_v0.1_alpha1_oo4_win32.zip
This directory will be referred to as <pwmp_install_root> in the remaining steps.
3) Launch WordPad (Start > Programs > Accessories > WordPad) and then select File > Open and navigate to <pwmp_install_root> and then select All Documents under "Files of type".
Select pworship.bat and click Open.
Scroll down (if needed) and make sure OO_HOME points to the correct location, depending where you installed OpenOffice.org.
Next, make sure JAVA_HOME is set to the correct location for the Java Runtime Environment on your system.
On Windows 7 and later you can open a command prompt and type "where java" (without the quotes) to determine where the JRE is installed on your system, assuming the java executable is found on the system PATH.
If you do not have a JRE installed you can download Java SE 5 (or later) here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index_jdk5.jsp
Once you are finished editing the OO_HOME and JAVA_HOME settings, save your changes to the pworship.bat script and exit WordPad.
4) To launch PowerWorship, navigate to <pwmp_install_root> using Windows Explorer and double-click the pworship.bat script.
The PowerWorship main program window should be displayed.